By ImplaveDisclaimer: If you have the knowledge and experience with modelswapping on newer clients remember that it's always best to explore on the proper builds, this release is purely for convenience. Downporting is not a 1-to-1 thing, m2s render weirdly, some fogs are broken etc.
Welcome to the museum! This release is in part a culmination of several months of work on restoring the original Development Land, as well as a collection of developer/prototype/interesting/secret maps from MoP to BfA that I have accumulated. All necessary assets are downported to 3.3.5. He's a little preview of the exhibits made by Dovah.
Link to the museum on MEGA.
1. Development Land. A map that is beloved by the exploration community, considered by some to be one of the coolest maps to ever exist, with an interesting story behind it. Originally leaked in a Cata PTR in 2011 and then quickly deleted, only a handful of broken parts of it were gathered. The map was later revealed and released by MoD on Ownedcore. The map that we got was broken, some zones were missing terrain, _obj, _tex files or usually all 3 of them. Over the years people tried to get around this in a few ways, but the map was still broken. I recently had an idea of recreating terrain for it from the heightmap stored in the WDL file, with the help of schlumpf that was achieved. Thanks to him as well, textures were somewhat restored with an image to vertex tool using the cata minimap as a source. This is a custom fix, by no means it comes close to the original that we never got, it is still broken, but this is the best we have now.
2. Misc developer maps. LevelDesignLand-DevOnly - one of the WoD developer maps, around 50 early garrison variations, unreleased arenas, bgs, locations, wod intro prototypes, it has it all. Propland-DevOnly another WoD map, housing a copy of Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, with the way m2s render inside a wmo it's best explored in noggit or another renderer. Expansion5QAModelMap houses a big chunk of assets built for WoD, also early graybox wmos for the moving part of Grimrail Depot can be found here. 2168 - BfA level design map, houses 4 prototype parts of Kultiras.
3. Scenarios and Island prototypes. AkazamarakHatScenario - unreleased scenario, not very interesting on 3.3.5 since it's missing the npc and gameobjects, but fully functional on live (cred. Dovah). IllidansRock - a map where you were supposed to interact with Illidan while he was jailed in Legion. TheMawofNashal, AssassinsScenarioDRU, DKMountScenario, WarfrontsDarkshoreAlliance, GorgrondOrcs all early/unreleased versions of different scenarios, featuring placeholder or alpha models. 8BoostExperienceHorde - a prototype for a boost location, which is itself an early version of Seething Shore. Artifact-Warrior Fury Acquisition - a unreleased version of early Helheim. AcquisitionHavoc - this map has unreferenced tiles with what looks like pre-alpha parts of Suramar planing. unused - not much is known about this map. TanaanLegionTest - an early version of Tanaan Jungle. Warlockarea - a map that later became the warlock orderhall during Legion, this is its early prototype from MoP. Islands_7VR_Swamp_Prototype2, Islands888 Josh, Islands666 Katalina, Islands9 Sinkhole, Islands420 Wonderland, Islands803 Mesa, Islands805 Cursed are unreleased prototypes of island expeditions, they vary in the level of polish, but undoubtedly strong contenders for the coolest unreleased maps.
4. Dungeons, Raids, BGs, Arenas. AbyssalMaw - a well known unreleased dungeon from Cata, this particular version is raised above the deathline. Legion Dungeon - also a well known unreleased dungeon. DungeonBlockout - prototype Arcway, made of versatile "lego" m2 blocks. SnakeCave - one of the first versions of Temple of Sethraliss, though with a very different layout. PirateTownDungeon - early Freehold with an interesting top part added to it, the unreferenced tile to the top left is also of interest. DevMapG - the Motherlode, also has some unreferenced tiles. MechagnomeIsland - early Mechagon prototype. Argus 1 - early Argus, has several technical prototypes for the locations and the raid. Nagadungeon - the top unreferenced tile is an early Eye of Azshara. DefenseOfTheAleHouseBG - the unreleased Dota BG. WarcraftHeroes - another BG we didn't get to see. SmallBattlegroundA - a collection of prototype arenas from WoD. SilithusBG - Seething Strand, a version of the azerite bg but located in Silithus, never released. AzeriteBG1 - early Seething Shore BG. ValsharahArena - early versions of the arena housed in unreferenced tiles. TheGreatWall and EastTemple are early versions of Gate of the Setting Sun and Temple of the Jade Serpent which have some pre-alpha tiles from MOP development. Argus_Rifts and early version of invasions, most of these are now unreferenced in game files, what appears to be a part of early Vol'dun can also be found here. ThePurgeOfGrommarScenario - a cut scenario from WoD. Artifact-PortalWorldAcqusition is an early version of the scenario by the same name, though the scenery in this one is drastically different due to some assets that were cut down the line. UnderrotDungeon - very early underrot, still with design and planning markings. AITestMap8 is a modified version of the Arathi Basin with ships as starting point, most points of interest on the map are swapped to small cave WMOs. Firelands1 - it's hard to pinpoint a particular patch or time-frame for this, but this was acquired by combining partial 4.0.0 Firelands with incremental PTR patches, the result is an early mock-up version of the retail Firelands raid, massive thank you to Marlamin and RIdPEF for their archives.
5. Contintents. 0.5.3 Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and some alpha wmos have been added. 2.0.0 Outland and 3.0.1 Northrend with their respective wmos are also now present, as well as full downports of 4.0.0 Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Deepholm and 6.0.1 Draenor.
6. Misc Early Maps. The earliest BGs: Kalidar and Plains of Snow were added to the museum, as well as a patch for Old Outland.
7. TBD: HearthstoneTavern. If anyone has the skills to downport a mid BFA wmo and wants to help - let me know.
Please take a look at the instructions file inside the museum. Every MPQ has coordinates and links to the maps on wow.tools. If you have any questions, problems you can message me on discord (implave#7038), if you want to post some screenshots, feel free to do that in the Exploration Discord.
Special thanks: a massive thank you to schlumpf for writing the wdl -> adt tool, modifying paintwow and helping me along the way, thank you to Dovah, Nyarly and others for helping me test/acquire files for this release, thank you to Reznik for providing a worldmap for the development, thank you to MoD for releasing the files for the development way back when, and thank you to the exploration community in general for inspiration.
Take it slow, enjoy, have fun and happy exploring!
By ReznikI merged a few different BG layouts together for everyone who no longer enjoys the old look of BG. This patch is for 3.x.x and full info about patch you can find there - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Battleground_Patch
By AllifeurShadow Storm stopped being developed around 2 years ago and it's really about time for us to share some of the unfinished works we did.
This patch contains maps that were never finalized, if you want to use them you'll also need to work them directly.
I would have loved to finish the work myself, but I have many other things to do and it's simply not worth my time anymore.
In this patch you'll find :
- Dalkannes Isles
(Southern & Middle parts of the area are not finished. I would advise you to use BFA zandalari assets for it)
- A basic design for Azjol'Nerub
- Some random works on Elwynn forest, with a start of a HD version and a destroyed Northshire
- And many smaller things we put in this patch.
Just take anything you need from it, I didn't checked what was useful or not.
I have new battleground layout for Strand of the Ancients ready to release 🙂 Patch is for 3.x.x. Full info about patch - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Winter_of_the_Ancients
By ReznikHello, today i have another layout, Stranglethorn layout for Eye of the Storm battleground 🙂Patch is for 3.x.x. Full info about patch - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Stranglethorn_Storm
By ReznikHello, today i have another battleground layout. This time for Arathi Basin battleground 🙂Patch is for 3.x.x. Full info about patch - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Barrens_Basin
I have new battleground layout for Alterac Valley ready to release 🙂 Patch is for 3.x.x. Full info about patch - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Tropical_Valley
By ReznikHello, today i have another battleground layout. This time for Arathi Basin battleground again 🙂 Patch is for 3.x.x. Full info about patch - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Duskwood_Basin
So I got a bit bored while working with WoW Machinima Tool 2.5 done by amazing Malu05 bcuz this tool is flipin damn helpful for doing various stuff but last version that Maul did was 2.5 which is crashing whenever you press any number on Numberic Keyboard (think the only exception was NumKey09)
Well I picked up his code where he left it and fixed that issue so it does not crash anymore yay !
aim all creds to Maul that tool had like 15k lines of code i fixed around 20 lines only to make it working again
Have a fun
By ShliddSaw it pop up on wowhead and wanted it. Thought i'd share it with the community.
By ReznikHello, I decided to make a few versions of old battlegrounds for everyone who play 3.3.5a PVP. Today i have new layout for Eye of the Storm battleground for release. Patch is for 3.x.x. Full info about patch - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Tanaris_in_the_Storm
By ReznikBecause last years i dont have time and i lost project data aswell (HDD broken), i decide to release my unfinished projects. You can use it for Machinima or whatever you want, just enjoy it 🙂Full info about LeafCraft (something like a SnowCraft) is here - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/LeafCraft and info about Wasteland (based on the Afterfall) you can find here - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Wasteland_Project
By ReznikOne of my old patches - snowy expansion for wow 3.3.5a. Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms and Outland is completly uder snow. Full info - http://Reznik.Wikia.com/wiki/SnowCraft
By ReznikAlternative version of Warsong Gulch: Orcs vs Humans - Horde Base has Durotar skin + Alliance Base has Elwynn skin with Human Base WMO model. When you think about it Horde base has a similiar skin (rock at the bottom) to Durotar. It was original Blizzard's idea like this? Durotar/Orcs VS Elwynn Forest/Humans? More info here - https://reznik.fandom.com/wiki/Warsong_Gulch:_Orcs_vs_Humans enjoy it 🙂
By KrysíkDragon Isles - custom made map, I release it to the public, as long as you give credit, you can make any use of it.
The Isles are located north of Hearthglen, they are in fatigue zone, so be careful.
If you want to see what the map looks like, go to the gallery section, there are some screenshots of it.
Update 28. 12. 2019: Fixed edge like holes.
Update 2. 7. 2020: Skybox added, see the photos below.
By SchakaI took the previously patched Wow.exe from here and applied this patch to it.
Additionally I added a version with FoV fix and nameplate range to ~60 yards .
Hope it helps someone.
By NicolasBonsoir j'ai le plaisir de partager mon patch qui contient une seule texture pour avoir un vrais éclairage sur ce soleil puisque après avoir vu le trailer
de wow 2001 je me posait trop de question comment un soleil aussi magnifique peut t'il être aussi ridicule et moche sur wotlk je pensait c'était au moteur graphique
mais non ça fait plus réaliste et c'est agréable pour faire du vrais roleplay ainsi que jouer
Parcontre je suis pas sûr 100% que ça fonctionne à l'outreterre & Norfendre
ALPHA WOW ❤️
J'ai retirer les nuages pour voir le détaille
Bientôt la lune peut être
By DarkkangHi, here i share it for you can equip alls artifact appareances in Legion 7.2.5. You must add one artifact forge for appareances and it is working.
This is should work in others versions as 7.2.1 too.
I share this files in Spanish, but you can see how it is working for make it yourself.
If you make my tutorial for delete restrictions items you can equip alls artifacts specs and class.
By NateaHello and thank you for using Kyrie Eleison's 7.2.5 GameObjects Patch!
This patch contains a gameobject entry for every m2 and wmo in the game!
All credits go to Kyrie Eleison (Natea) from MundoWarcraft - http://www.mundowarcraft.com
Please note that using the SQL will delete all gameobject_template
entries between 908296 and 999999 so don't overwrite your work
Put .db2 file to wow client inside a folder called DBFilesClient and inside server-side too under proper dbc Data folder.
Works and tested with TrinityCore 7.2.5 24742
Wow_Patched.exe and Wow-64_Patched.exe (7.2.5 release 24742) with protection removed.
Thanks to @Roccus for his root list in this pack
By InicoThis mod adds bloodier combat effects to the game and includes some blood splats similar to those removed during the classic beta.
WotLK - Cata
-Violence level is now always 2 and cannot be disabled or changed.
-Added purple blood (id 5).
IMPORTANT: to make it work correctly go to video settings and turn "projected textures" on. Also, set the "Particle Density" to High and set the Texture Filtering to High to avoid visual glitches.
If you are using V2, make sure your violence level is set to 2. In-game, type:
/console violenceLevel 2 Known bugs:
-If you zoom in to first person view, you won't be able to see the blood splats from your character.
-If a character morphs into another model, all the blood splats from that character will disappear.
-The blood splats change color if your character changes color (curses, venom, etc.).
-The blood splats scale changes if the scale of your character changes.
-Blood effects do not show if you one-hit kill the target. It's hardcoded into the client and can't be changed as far as I know (happens with the default blood as well).
-It's not possible to use this mod in MoP since the game cleans all blood splats each time your character is hit or dies.
Note: The splats on the ground disappear after 45 seconds. You can change it by editing the particle lifespan in 010editor.
If you think there are too many blood splats to the point they overlap or affects the performance, just change the default particle emissionrate (12) to 7 or less with 010editor.
Blood color is set in CreatureModelData.dbc, column 6 (1 = red, 2 = green, 3 = black, 4 = blue, 5 = purple).
By InicoI made this model to test how different materials and particles interacted with each other. The result was not optimal and I couldn't add all the effects I wanted due to WoW's old rendering engine. Instead of deleting it I decided to release it because it's playable, nonetheless (despite of some renderflag bugs).
Includes icons and 4 skin variations.
¿How can I make my character sit while mounted?
-[In WotLK] Spell.dbc column 132 -> SpellVisual.dbc column 5 -> SpellVisualKit.dbc column 3 = animation played (97 = SitGround).
-Fixed ribbon movement.
-Fixed fly animation.
-Fixed camera movement.
-For Wrath of the Lich King
-For Cata, Mop and Wod
By InicoThis mod is basically for my blend mode overrides tutorial. Includes 11 wings.
I used some modified textures from Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm. The geometry is 10 bent planes with some basic rotation.
To make it work in-game you have to create a custom spell and attach the wing model to the back of your character (attachment 12), as you do with belt buckles.
If you want to increase or reduce the beam density, play with the "TexLookupTable" in 010editor:
-For Wrath of the Lich King
-For Cata, Mop and Wod
By NateaThis patch contains a gameobject entry for every m2 and wmo in the game!
Tested in Skyfire 5.4.8 version (I don't know if it works in other emulators, maybe with some sql changes)
All credits go to Kyrie Eleison from MundoWarcraft - http://www.mundowarcraft.com
Thanks to @Elrena for your help. He explained me how to make it, time ago
By InicoBasically, multitexturing combines the alpha channel of two different textures, creating more variety in the particles and making it more realistic. It was introduced in Cataclysm but widely used since WoD for fire effects.
Usually, the textures used for particles in WoD are:
I tried to emulate this multitexturing effect in WotLK by combining both textures with Photoshop and increasing the rows and columns to give it more variety (since we can't animate the particle texture in Wotlk, each block has a different texture position). The result is quite decent. I would say it's 80% accurate because some features, like combining blend and additive blendingtypes on the same particle are not available in WotLK.
I made two texture versions: one with 16 blocks and another with 64 (more realistic). There is also a test model included.
By ExperimenstTuralyon, Alleria from Legion 7.3 to wotlk.
Turalyon = King Varian Wrynn
Alleria = Alexstrasza