Uthil

release
[WiP] WoD Retro porting to Classic WoW 1.12

I have this small issue when I downported new hunters artifact to vanilla. Seems that the weapon is kinda off positioning on the characters back. Is it possible to align it better on the character? 

 

WoWScrnShot_040618_161301.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BUMPERINO. Anyone willing to give a hint here? Checking the M2 it self didnt give me any clues on what to change. Is it considered normal? On wowhead I stepped on another spear, old model, that was like that. Is it possible to fix it or not bother at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uthil said:

BUMPERINO. Anyone willing to give a hint here? Checking the M2 it self didnt give me any clues on what to change. Is it considered normal? On wowhead I stepped on another spear, old model, that was like that. Is it possible to fix it or not bother at all.

try change sheath in DataBase. Or else you must change attach point of m2 in blender ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean in ItemDisplayInfo.DBC file or another DBC file? Cause I cant see any option there. By checking attachments on m2 I have only those:

 

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm i would edit the attachment( i have no idea which one) and the float position of it, or one of the bones what could be harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If all weapons on the back of the character are off-set: change that characters attachment points.

If it is only the case for this weapon on all characters,

— if the weapon is also off-set when held in hand, move all vertices or the root bone in the opposite direction.

or if it is only off-set for this character

— if the weapon is not off-set when held in hand, you’re out of luck.

Ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wungasaurus said:

If all weapons on the back of the character are off-set: change that characters attachment points.

If it is only the case for this weapon on all characters,

— if the weapon is also off-set when held in hand, move all vertices or the root bone in the opposite direction.

or if it is only off-set for this character

— if the weapon is not off-set when held in hand, you’re out of luck.

Ish.

The weapon appears normally when in hand. Only when you sheath it appears like that. I havent test it on another character model though I believe that would have the same effect since I located an older weapon polearm weapon on wowhead and from the screenshot it shows it on the same spot as the new one appears now. I guess my case must be your 3rd option wungasaurus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Finsternis said:

Hm i would edit the attachment( i have no idea which one) and the float position of it, or one of the bones what could be harder.

I already tried and changed attachment 0 since i thought that the other 4 has to do something when holding the weapon but nothing happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm then the bone option. i think the bones just for the different holding positions. Find out which one is near the blade and give him a new position in the template not in blender^^.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Uthil said:

I already tried and changed attachment 0 since i thought that the other 4 has to do something when holding the weapon but nothing happen.

Attachments on the weapon are for enchant particles, not for how they attach to the character!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

46 minutes ago, wungasaurus said:

Attachments on the weapon are for enchant particles, not for how they attach to the character!

Good to know x)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info, from what I see seems that I might not be able to change that. Judging also from some other polearms that I find on WoWhead seems that the position might be correct since the weapon is held correct on character arms. Anyway, I have stepped on another small issue. Some BfA models doesnt animate on stand. They look like petrified and some also the move animation seems broken, when you start the models starts the animation but after a short time it stays freezed even if you move and tehn again it starts moving. Is it also possible to make a fix or I might have to drop those models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You fix the stuff in the .anim file with the 8 byte?

If yes it is maybe something in m2 with the playbackspeed or anything else there?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finsternis said:

You fix the stuff in the .anim file with the 8 byte?

If yes it is maybe something ing m2 with the playbackspeed or anything else there?!

The lastest M2+anim files are no longer "fixed" by removing "the 8 bytes", which was a horribly stupid idea to begin with. These things exist because they have a meaning. Removing stuff is pretty much never going to fix shit. This is unlikely to result in animations freezing until a sequence change is triggered.

Yet, weapons being on wrong positions during sheath is not a M2 issue but rather one from extended systems from newer client versions where there are offsets in addition to M2 based attachments based on item type etc, making the M2 based root attachment (i.e. 0,0,0 of the item being in hand and middle of back) no longer static meaning 0,0,0 is in hand, but not in middle of back. This afaik is "new tech" and can't really be done in 3.3.5a.

I might be wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a bad idea to start with it, but i still have to do it . If not, all emotes end in fucked up model and crash.

But as i write this, i see it was a dumb idea because, .anim just have emotes and not stand or walk.. ^^

Anyway i had here and there the issue that the model playbackspeed is wrong. And rly rar that the play length was wrong.

I try around on the length and use mostly 150 at speed.

Or maybe it is a problem with the "next animation" hard to say. Just some ideas.

At last dont forget this are beta files and some have still alot of issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I havent evert removed the 8 bytes from the .anim files but the issue appeared first time in Legion 7.2 patch, were the changes appear. Wungasaurus Im not going to try much, since Im downporting to vanilla not sure if all things will work as intended on LK version, plus we dont have much info about vanilla models as we do on WotLK. Now, since weapon is in good position in hands but appear weird in char back well it is as it is, no worries. In the end I might delete the weapon replacement tho thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The animation bugs are due to the key bones, remove all key bone references < 26.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ghaster said:

The animation bugs are due to the key bones, remove all key bone references < 26.

Ok, where I can delete those references. Can you be more detailed in that please. Thanks for this info  by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont you want to make the upright ork and some mag'har hair&beard styles into your patch? Oh and maybe some Mag'har skin colors but that's not important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, Jonas Rush said:

Dont you want to make the upright ork and some mag'har hair&beard styles into your patch? Oh and maybe some Mag'har skin colors but that's not important.

No time to work again char models from the beginning unfortuntately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey thanks, for reporting those. For those beams I have already give an option that might work for you, check on project comments what video options you need to enable. Now for this texture, in order to fix this you will need to edit and rename and will work. In order, to do that you will need an MPQ editor, edit the mod file and navigate to Creature\Hyena folder and rename the HyenaSkinOarange.blp to HyenaSkinOarnge.blp and then exit the file. Launch the game and it will be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uthil said:

 For those beams I have already give an option that might work for you, check on project comments what video options you need to enable.

I set "Vertex Animation Shaders" to ON, but this does not solve the problem.

 

1 hour ago, Uthil said:

Now for this texture, in order to fix this you will need to edit and rename and will work. In order, to do that you will need an MPQ editor, edit the mod file and navigate to Creature\Hyena folder and rename the HyenaSkinOarange.blp to HyenaSkinOarnge.blp and then exit the file. Launch the game and it will be ok.

Thx, this work.

Spoiler

WoWScrnShot_072418_185627.thumb.jpg.d5ae

 

Earlier I found a few more problems but could not write here. Perhaps they have already been fixed.

Spoiler

WoWScrnShot_073117_011103.thumb.jpg.8d20WoWScrnShot_073017_232953.thumb.jpg.7554WoWScrnShot_111217_191218.thumb.jpg.ed57

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately don't know why those beams appear on newer cards honestly, for my end which has an old VGA (Ati HD6770) it works like charm with no issues.

For the 1st picture I cant understand exactly what you trying to show me there, but if you refer to the Orc Boss then I can only say that it might be something wrong server side, on my side it was presented normally. 

For the second picture I don't see an issue, the crab model was working normally since BETA version of the mod, and for the 3rd I can say that something has to do with the positioning of the helmet models for the new character models from WoD, which was made by Balsh. I believe that isn't so visually bad, just remember that we tried and did our best in order to make those models coop/work with the vanilla game version, referring to Balsh, Me and Leeviathan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Uthil said:

Unfortunately don't know why those beams appear on newer cards honestly, for my end which has an old VGA (Ati HD6770) it works like charm with no issues.

I solved this problem by editing your MPQ file - Interface\Glues\Models and deleted "UI_Scourge".

Returned the old screen.

Spoiler

WoWScrnShot_072518_133242.thumb.jpg.5516

 

There was a problem with the new model spirit healer.

Spoiler

WoWScrnShot_072418_202719.thumb.jpg.e383

 

Fixed as - open Cretures and delet folder SpiritHealer.

Spoiler

WoWScrnShot_072518_122530.thumb.jpg.196b

 

Thank you help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now