Sign in to follow this  
yopel2

No load custom model in Wow (Cata 4.3.4)

Hello

It turns out that a few days ago I was remodeling a model of a weapon with Blender and upload it to the .MPQ file

the WMV reads it perfectly

tumblr_pms8h4FxAJ1y6hbaao3_400.jpg

tumblr_pms8h4FxAJ1y6hbaao2_400.jpg

but inside the WoW I do not load it

tumblr_pms8h4FxAJ1y6hbaao1_400.jpg

I do not understand why it does not load it, and edit the wow.exe to accept patches .MPQ

Thank you for your answers!

Maybe it's the convertor issue? I mean, if u are using classic objtom2.exe, u are actually converting .obj to WOTLK .M2 

In that case modelviewer could read that model, but game client would had a problem. 

5 hours ago, Marwin said:

Maybe it's the convertor issue? I mean, if u are using classic objtom2.exe, u are actually converting .obj to WOTLK .M2 

In that case modelviewer could read that model, but game client would had a problem. 

yes, it is the OBJtoM2.exe classic (for lk)

1 hour ago, Balkron said:

@yopel2 Your screenshots are broken, please, reupload them.

Btw, we need to know how exactly you trying to convert your models into wow file formats.

from Blender, I export the model in .Obj, then I use OBJtoM2.exe

I do exactly as this video shows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsk6TlyKfdQ&t

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Well, i'm definitely not expert on 3D editing, but I think that exactly that guide is the issue. Amaroth IMHO develop and make tutorials only for 3.3.5. By my opinion, u solve your problem with converting Wotlk M2 to Cataclysm M2. Maybe it's done a tool for it, maybe u have to do it by 010 editor and M2 template. 

U can test it by comparing the M2 data in 010 editor with M2 template. Open the new one, open the original one and compare. I was doing it a long time ago (few years), but i'm sure, that M2 have some version cell, u should see. That version cell is propably overwrited by ObjToM2.exe to Wotlk value, which is wrong. :)