Sign in to follow this  
bizzlesnaff

[LUA] Problem with Boss Script

Hi there,

I've tried to bring up the "Eluna Engine" for trinitycore and so far it worked out for me. Now I'm playing around with a few LUA snippets. So far there are 2 different LUA scripts in my folder:

local PLAYER_EVENT_ON_LOGIN = 3

local function OnLogin(event, player)
    player:SendBroadcastMessage("I'm online!")
end

RegisterPlayerEvent(PLAYER_EVENT_ON_LOGIN, OnLogin)

Thats quit easy, and its just for me to be sure LUA is working.

I've tried a little boss script and I dont know whats wrong but nothing happened. Here the code:

local NAME = "Elite Boss"
local NPCID = 600000

function Elite_OnCombat(pUnit, event, player)
 Elite=pUnit
 pUnit:SendChatMessage(12, 0, "Hello")
 pUnit:RegisterEvent("Elite_Phase1", 1000, 1)
end

function Elite_OnLeaveCombat(pUnit, event, player)
 pUnit:RemoveEvents() 
 pUnit:SendChatMessage(14, 0, "Bye")
end

function Elite_OnDeath(pUnit, event, player)
 pUnit:RemoveEvents()
end

function Elite_Phase1(pUnit, event, player)
 if Elite:GetHealthPct() == 85 then 
 Elite:SendChatMessage(12, 0, "I see that you want a true battle")
 Elite:CastSpell(52262)
 Elite:RegisterEvent("Elite_Phase2", 1000, 1)
end 
end

RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 1, "Elite_OnCombat")
RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 2, "Elite_OnLeaveCombat")
RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 4, "Elite_OnDeath")

I've just copied this from an online tutorial. The ID 600000 is my testing npc, but he still just hit me without any word :)
The Eluna log told me the folowing things:

2019-02-22_20:57:00 ERROR [Eluna]: Error loading `lua_scripts/firstboss.lua`
2019-02-22_20:57:00 ERROR lua_scripts/firstboss.lua:66: <eof> expected near 'end'
2019-02-22_21:01:50 ERROR [Eluna]: Error loading `lua_scripts/firstboss.lua`
2019-02-22_21:01:50 ERROR lua_scripts/firstboss.lua:66: <eof> expected near 'end'
2019-02-22_21:08:09 ERROR lua_scripts/firstboss.lua:27: attempt to call global 'RegisterUnitEvent' (a nil value)
2019-02-22_21:13:28 ERROR lua_scripts/firstboss.lua:27: attempt to call global 'RegisterUnitEvent' (a nil value)
2019-02-22_21:17:06 ERROR lua_scripts/firstboss.lua:27: attempt to call global 'RegisterUnitEvent' (a nil value)

I'm at the very beginning of LUA, so Ihave no Idea how to fix that. Every little hint would be great.

Edit:

Okay, worked out that the second "end" near to the end is without any sense.  But still not workable.

7 hours ago, bizzlesnaff said:

Okay, worked out that the second "end" near to the end is without any sense.  But still not workable.

You need two ends for the last function because you have a if statement in the function as well. I see your eluna is erroring that you need a end near <eof> but all your ends look fine to me, is there more the the script?

7 hours ago, bizzlesnaff said:

RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 1, "Elite_OnCombat") RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 2, "Elite_OnLeaveCombat") RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 4, "Elite_OnDeath")

In Arcemu you needed to use "" in your hooks to register them but you don't need to do that in Eluna, remove the "" and just have RegisterUnitEvent(600000, 1, Elite_OnCombat)

pUnit:RegisterEvent("Elite_Phase1", 1000, 1)
function Elite_Phase1(pUnit, event, player)

Once again remove the "" and in addition your parameters are incorrect, they should be (eventId, delay, repeats, worldobject). More information can be found here regarding everything eluna http://www.elunaengine.com/WorldObject/RegisterEvent.html.