Sign in to follow this  
Addikted

Wierd look model

1 hour ago, Alastor Strix'Efuartus said:

its hozen they always look retarded

How can I achieve the look I'm looking for? He holding a fist weapon I know, I need to import the weapon (I don't know how to find the .m2 file tho, gotta keep searching) but what about the armor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should use CreatureGeosetData in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc 

There you can control which armor geosets ya want for this displayid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Grindi said:

You should use CreatureGeosetData in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc 

There you can control which armor geosets ya want for this displayid.

Thank a lot for your answer.

I've copy/pasted existing values from Blizzard, it did 'work' but I got two models, one of them it looks 'transparent' I mean, I can see everything through it, and the other one has an invisible model.

I just copy/pasted CreatureGeosetData from Blizzard to my dbc file.

Any idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Addikted said:

Thank a lot for your answer.

I've copy/pasted existing values from Blizzard, it did 'work' but I got two models, one of them it looks 'transparent' I mean, I can see everything through it, and the other one has an invisible model.

I just copy/pasted CreatureGeosetData from Blizzard to my dbc file.

Any idea?

Can you put some screenshots of your creaturegeosetdata in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc and ingame results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Grindi said:

Can you put some screenshots of your creaturegeosetdata in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc and ingame results?

I'm sorry for the delay but here are some screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/vgsscG6

CreatureGeosetData has been set to 4453, and 9, respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like you got model from early draenor patch and geosetdata from legion or bfa.

Thats not how you should do it. Your model should be from same patch as geosetdata, or you should write geosetdata by hand.

It will took up to 1 day to looks nice, but you'll get how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grindi said:

It seems like you got model from early draenor patch and geosetdata from legion or bfa.

Thats not how you should do it. Your model should be from same patch as geosetdata, or you should write geosetdata by hand.

It will took up to 1 day to looks nice, but you'll get how it works.

Is there some tutorial on how to do this? Geoset by hand? I aint that friendly with hex editors so retroporting is kinda pain in the ass to me.

Anyway, thank you a lot, really you are the only one who helped me so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can look at creature's geosets in wow model viewer.

L0YL1ja.png

All you have to do - is sum them.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grindi amazing, thank you.

I've done all that (on my ogre model), because I don't know why but the monkey model is invisible on his face (maybe .m2 file is corrupted?), but I can't take off the ogre armor, and also I can't apply the correct shoulders, I mean, in the ogre shoulders .blp appears the shoulders I'm looking for but they don't get applied, another ones get applied.

And to take off his armor, I tried deleting the texture from the .m2 file and reducing the textures number to -1 (it was 6 textures, I reduced it to 5, and deleted the armor texture) but in-game it appears as black.

Hope you understand:

https://imgur.com/a/9IXohjJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each geoset have its own UV and you cant just apply any texture you want.

You must write correct texture name in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc with geoset id ya need.

 

In hozu's case - hozu model uses up to 3 texturevariations, you should write em all, cos they have helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grindi said:

Each geoset have its own UV and you cant just apply any texture you want.

You must write correct texture name in creaturedisplayinfo.dbc with geoset id ya need.

 

In hozu's case - hozu model uses up to 3 texturevariations, you should write em all, cos they have helmets.

But hozu monkey I'm trynna copy (first post image) does not wear a helmet.

Like the ogre I'm trynna copy, it's shoulder is like blue-toned :

454211-bloodmaul-frostbender.jpg

Which is this one inside the .blp:

tBdtocX.png

But inside WMV geoset does not show me that shoulder, so I'm kinda lost here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE

I think I may be adding up wrong way geosets. I've tried adding  'em numbers (0, 1, 2) obviously it does not seem to work like that because those seem to be array's indexes. I've also tried to add up SubMeshID's from M2SkinSection Submeshes inside the .m2 file still did not work (I ain't getting results I'm watching at the MWV)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0xABCDEFGH -> If you want to use, say geoset groups 102 and 204, you'd use 0x00000042.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this