Смердокрыл

Remove all class icons

Hey!

The task is simple: remove all class icons from the character creation screen (technically, it will be one default class that everyone will have). But the problem is that Cataclysm client xml files look nothing like the WotLK's, at least judging by the tutorials on editing those.

Could anyone help?

As long as you don't want to use other classes you can at least delete race-class combinations from DBC (CharBaseInfo.dbc in WotLK). This won't actually hide unused classes from UI, but it will at least disable their creation, so they will be gray. Temporary solution which I would call good enough, but if you really want to delete those icons entirely or don't want to disable another race-class combinations, then you'll need to edit that XML and thats probably not something I can help you with.

If you need to remove class buttons from CharacterCreate, you are gonna need to remove the classes in ChrClasses.dbc aswell. CharacterCreate needs a button for every class, so it can automatically add stuff like names and descriptions.

1 hour ago, noc said:

And just hide the buttons?

You could, but depending on what classes he want to remove, there are gonna be gaps between some classes.

14 hours ago, Ghaster said:

If you need to remove class buttons from CharacterCreate, you are gonna need to remove the classes in ChrClasses.dbc aswell. CharacterCreate needs a button for every class, so it can automatically add stuff like names and descriptions.

If I'm not allowed to actually delete the icons, I'll just move them outside of the visible screen

2 hours ago, Ghaster said:

You could, but depending on what classes he want to remove, there are gonna be gaps between some classes.

I can adjust their position, can't I?

But I thought there's a certain problem with loading worgen, since all the races above are shown properly. Am I wrong?

I moved the class icons instead of deleting them, but it didn't work.

The error is in line 3 of the following code (_G["CharacterCreateRaceButton"..index.."NormalTexture"].........)

for i=1, select("#", ...), 3 do
	coords = RACE_ICON_TCOORDS[strupper(select(i+1, ...).."_"..gender)];
	_G["CharacterCreateRaceButton"..index.."NormalTexture"]:SetTexCoord(coords[1], coords[2], coords[3], coords[4]);
	_G["CharacterCreateRaceButton"..index.."PushedTexture"]:SetTexCoord(coords[1], coords[2], coords[3], coords[4]);
	button = _G["CharacterCreateRaceButton"..index];
	button:Show();
	if ( select(i+2, ...) == 1 ) then
		button:Enable();
		SetButtonDesaturated(button);
		button.name = select(i, ...)
		button.tooltip = select(i, ...);
	else
		button:Disable();
		SetButtonDesaturated(button, 1);
		button.name = select(i, ...)
		button.tooltip = select(i, ...).."|n".._G[strupper(select(i+1, ...).."_".."DISABLED")];
	end
	index = index + 1;
end

Hum ok, you have only 18  RACE_ICON_TCOORDS but  you have MAX_RACES = 12 so you must have 24 in at least RACE_ICON_TCOORDS

• Like 1

22 hours ago, noc said:

Hum ok, you have only 18  RACE_ICON_TCOORDS but  you have MAX_RACES = 12 so you must have 24 in at least RACE_ICON_TCOORDS

Thanks! Now everything is fixed and I've achieved the desired result.

• Like 2