Sign in to follow this  
Athris

[Trinity] New problem with goblin race (invalid appearance attributes)

Hello,

i convert my old 3.3.5a trinity core (2014) to a new 3.3.5a core (2016).

I create goblins as custom race, but now if i want to create or login i get the follow message from trinity core:

Player::Create: Possible hacking attempt: Account %u tried to create a character named '%s' with invalid appearance attributes - refusing to do so

So i try to debug it. I think something with the CharSelection.dbc is wrong, but i dont know why. See attach for my CharSection.dbc

Does anybody has an idea?

CharSections.dbc

Mhm i activate the race 9 in SharedDefines.h. Did i forgot something?

20 minutes ago, Rangorn said:

Yes but thats only a workaround... not a solution :/

I'd personally do what Rangorn suggested as it would be a lot simpler than trying to debug this...

I've not tested but the problem looks to be that one of the records has the 0x4 (SECTION_FLAG_DEATH_KNIGHT) flag set and is being used when the class is not a death knight. I'd suggest stepping through the ValidateAppearance function in player.cpp and seeing at what point it is returning false.

Thats the problem:

if (CharSectionsEntry const* entry = GetCharSectionEntry(race, SECTION_TYPE_SKIN, gender, 0, skinColor))

GetCharSectionEntry returns NULL:

std::pair<CharSectionsMap::const_iterator, CharSectionsMap::const_iterator> eqr = sCharSectionMap.equal_range(uint32(genType) | uint32(gender << 8) | uint32(race << 16));
    for (CharSectionsMap::const_iterator itr = eqr.first; itr != eqr.second; ++itr)
    {
        if (itr->second->Type == type && itr->second->Color == color)
            return itr->second;
    }

return NULL;

The eqr variable contains the wrong values. So the "for loop" exit on the first "run" and returns null. I dont know why...