Elrena

What Are You Working On?

void beholder textured.

giphy.gif6f6b00f.jpg

original texture size> 2048x2048(will be reduced to 1024)

used free plugin (FlamingPear) with the "solidify B"

next step > convert it to mdlvis and animate!

---------------------------

where do you plan to use it?

Spoiler

according to my idea, this creature is a pet of dark magician (The Void), his name is a "Glosabyss".

players will be able to meet him in 2 places:

1)(startup beta stage) Game of Void, as penalty creature(moving void zone), if the player closer to him during the game, this penalty will be introduced (reduction in the time to end the game at 30%) - can be attacked, but immediately killed a player in return.

2)(+3 months from startup beta) Reliquary of darkness as first boss. For it will have to make one more model "powerful glosabyss". During the pull stage, The void endow glosabyss shadow power, and he turned into a giant flying creature with many mouths and eyes. Then begin phase one.

- this is not guaranteed content

--------

Update:

002534f.jpg

backface contour

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Adspartan said:

I don't have much time to work on it but I've made some progress on wmo conversion :

WoWScrnShot_042116_191116.thumb.jpg.dd74WoWScrnShot_042116_190940.thumb.jpg.ccbaWoWScrnShot_042116_191243.thumb.jpg.870b

I've yet to find a solution to the disappearing bug but the legion wmo look way better right now.

OMG Awesome,

could you tell us how you fixed the Legion WMO Texture Bug?

It always looks like this: http://prntscr.com/avcgvb if i try to do it ( Converted the Ship so you can see the difference )

Greetings Noones

2 hours ago, Adspartan said:

The solution is here :

https://wowdev.wiki/WMO/v17#MOBA_chunk

Since the textures don't have the right material they're rendered weirdly.

Could you create a small tutorial out of it?

I found the ABOM / MOBA Tag inside the 000-0XX.wmo files, but im not sure what to change here :/

• Like 1

If you want to do it by hand (it'll be a pain in the ass ^^), use the wmo group template from :

And assign to materialId the value of box[5] + set the value 'unused' to 0. Now the fun part : repeat the process for each MOBA chunks in every wmo group.

Also I've found a way to make the wmo appear correctly I think, but noggit seem to have some problem with those big wmos, some may not be rendered if you log off / in  while in or close to the wmo, but I haven't got this problem when spawning them as gameobjects.

I think I'll update my converter today.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Adspartan said:

If you want to do it by hand (it'll be a pain in the ass ^^), use the wmo group template from :

And assign to materialId the value of box[5] + set the value 'unused' to 0. Now the fun part : repeat the process for each MOBA chunks in every wmo group.

Also I've found a way to make the wmo appear correctly I think, but noggit seem to have some problem with those big wmos, some may not be rendered if you log off / in  while in or close to the wmo, but I haven't got this problem when spawning them as gameobjects.

I think I'll update my converter today.

This doesnt sound that good :o

So there is a converter for it? :P

I had free time, so I did some conceptarts of gnome crates for Gnomeregan.

gnome_crates.thumb.png.56195d498f5e5e1bc

first anim from void_beholder:

giphy.gif

46 animated bones, *crazy*

next anim list:

walk\run

combat ready unarmed

attack unarmed (from left side)

attack unarmed (from right side)

combat critical hit

Death

Cast ready (omni&directed&Channel)

Cast

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Met@ said:

I had free time, so I did some conceptarts of gnome crates for Gnomeregan.

gnome_crates.thumb.png.56195d498f5e5e1bc

well, I advise you to try to draw more complicated arts, or drop this and move to 3d(modelling + uv mapping(PSD network) Usually combine 3d and 2d experience rather complex undertaking. Such things do not find understanding among the major game developers. In addition, at one point you will reach quite good skill. And "double profile" will start to keep you in one place.

Yes, in some rare case you can combine 2d and 3d, like freelance-rendering. However, it is a professional industry.

Now I just suffer due to:
Game design VS level design VS 3d artist

my teammate Konstantin said me - select something one! Otherlands(our wow project) should be your last work with these "universal soldier"

d64cd9f.jpg

29 minutes ago, Vellear said:

well, I advise you to try to draw more complicated arts. Usually combine 3d and 2d experience rather complex undertaking. Such things do not find understanding among the major game developers. In addition, at one point you will reach quite good skill. And "double profile" will start to keep you in one place.

Now I just suffer due to:
Game design VS level design VS 3d artist

my teammate Konstantin sayd me - select something one! Otherlands(our wow project) should be your last work with these "universal soldier"

In my case it's Game design VS 3d artist . I'm a drawer, I tried level design when I started modding with Noggit, but I wasn't very good. So I started 3D to make custom models because gnomes have literally nothing, they need more assets. Since the beginning I only did few models to test my abilities, I'm not a pro and I have a lot to learn but I like it. I think I'll stay in game design but I'll continue to make some models (and I'm the only one who's working with 3D in our project).

And thanks for the advice :)

Just now, Met@ said:

I'm the only one who's working with 3D in our project

yes, "forced" decision, the same. "Vellear or....? we do not have other choices"

I'll be satified when I hope reach the same level as you. I would really like to animate a model.

oh, this is MDLvis (synonym of crap), better learn animation for unity or unreal engine from maya\3dsmax\Cinema4D

Oh, I will. But for now we don't really have choice with WoW.

5f71d9a.png

maya have a open-source MA(maya ascii) with full documentation from autodesk, it's just not interesting here. Modeler in wow modding look like white crow, mostly level design and some converts

Nothing is impossible. It just requires a proper converter to be written. WoW modding is shitty at some places only because of bad software and that's the only and only reason.

On 24/04/2016 at 8:46 AM, Vellear said:

maya have a open-source MA(maya ascii) with full documentation from autodesk, it's just not interesting here. Modeler in wow modding look like white crow, mostly level design and some converts

The problem is not the external format. The problem is the M2 documentation which is not sufficient for something like this. To be precise the Views, Submeshes & TextureUnits are not described in enough depth to generate them from standard 3D data you find in every format out there.

28 minutes ago, Koward said:

The problem is not the external format.

Okay, let's imagine that MDL > m2 will be created. How many peoples knows mdlvis and use it today in wow modding to create own models or animations? most likely 1-2 modders(include me).

About sumbeshes(skin param) and Texture Units - this is easy. I know that my english is so bad sometimes, but this is no reason to not ask me in skype. I always can help. (with the Weightless m2) - with one skin. Yes, i'm not a programmer, anyway.

about the MDLvis comparison:

this is void_beholder "attack unarmed"

giphy.gif

quality: 6\10 (vanilla like)

Time: 5 hours of work

----------

in maya i can do the same by 5 mins with 9\10 quality, probably the same can be done in a blender and 3dsmax.

MDLvis is a very hardcore editor, my experience here 8 years, because i relatively well do animations.

this is impossible level for beginers. :( (already confirmed many times since 2011)

mdl\mdx is a bad format for "future" m2 converter. Only as research stage.

\

but I'm not going to pretend like I do not understand - what you had in mind.

I agree with you. MDLVis is way too bad, we must jump to new softwares directly. Tho it's hard to do :S and I'm a lame programmer anyway.

BTW I was talking about some unknown fields in M2. It's easier to write an exporter M2 -> something because you just take the data you want from the M2 format and it's done, like we do for viewers and such. The harder thing is the other way, because you have to generate the precomputed data and lookups that are all over the m2. For example last week I could not (I still can't) find how to compute boneInfluences in Submeshes from the verts/triangles/bones/etc.. Deamon & Schlumpf had no idea either, it's horrible :(