Elrena

What Are You Working On?

13 hours ago, Ohai said:

cool eradar @Смердокрыл they look good with these Cyrillic names (y) even better then latin imo lol

my draenei are gonna be these original fugly, really hated the whole TBC retcon, belfs too

Lostonesdraenei.JPG

still liked spacegoats as eradar

latest?cb=20060709093141

the lost ones look good but nothing better than the org spacegoat the eredar warlocks a bit hairy and scary

• Like 2

Hey there, it looks like I'm the only one that is going to wander a little bit off-topic... I'm working on an in-game time splitter, that is, a tool that you can use in-game so you can do speedruns and such. Right now it works in D3D9 and D3D11, I'm working on OpenGL support and also my own DLL injector. Everything is open-source at github if you wanna check it out :

There is a lot of more information here!

68747470733a2f2f7075752e73682f756e477169

@ On pseudo-topic:

I am also working on an M2toMDX, bear Im mind im just learning all the file formats especifications and such, I've just got into wow modding last week!. I hope I can make a  lot of useful tools for this mod community :)

UE4ModelPorting.png.c9b19ba937566ee8874d

Been working on porting models to ue4, already have all the wmo files exported to obj, and using a wod client and the older Wow Model Viewer so I can export M2 Files and Animations to FBX. As you know it doesn't export particles so for things like fire and spells and glows and such you have to make the emitters yourself in UE4. I made that fire =D (Pat on back hehe, was the first emitter I have ever made). Forgot the smoke :P.

Mainly doing this cause I want to get into making my own scenes or short films using the UE4 sequencer cause that thing is SERIOUSLY powerful and easy to understand/use.

After I get some more stuff exported and actually get a scene partially made I might put up a tut on a few things as I learn it, and I wanna show it off a bit cause with the right material properties and animations this game looks GORGEOUS on ue4 :)

• Like 1

I'm currently working on a project which i named Onyx for whatever reason.
It's a database management system (DBMS) for TrinityCore (i might implement other cores later too).
It's written entirely in ASP.Net Core, Javascript, HTML and CSS so it can be used on Windows, Linux and Mac! :)
Installation should be really easy because it's based on Docker.

I already have a solid base which i can already present you (see screenshots below).
Onyx directly edits the database so you don't have to insert SQL queries or other things by yourself. Just create content! :) 
Currently i only implemented PlayerLevelStats and Creature_Template, but more tables will follow soon. I'll also implement linking to other tables after i implemented more of them. That means if you find a ID of something (e.g. loot ID in Creature_Template data), you can click on it and it will directly link you to the correct entry so you can instantly edit it too. 

I didn't do any design yet, everything you see is the standard ASP.Net Core design. If there is a web designer out there who wants to help me with a neat design, please contact me! :)

Of course it's open source like all my other projects, you can find it on GitHub: https://github.com/Kaev/Onyx

Here are the promised screenshots:

CreatureTemplate - Index: https://i.imgur.com/jwsZffG.png
CreatureTemplate - Create a new dataset: https://i.imgur.com/YN6HcZi.png
CreatureTemplate - Edit a dataset: https://i.imgur.com/nrjaAt2.png
CreatureTemplate - Detail view of a dataset: https://i.imgur.com/DaiBrBe.png
PlayerLevelStats - Index: https://i.imgur.com/y5vhsI4.png
PlayerLevelStats - Create a new dataset: https://i.imgur.com/RbnoQ2c.png
PlayerLevelStats - Edit a dataset: https://i.imgur.com/vZau343.png
PlayerLevelStats - Detail view of a dataset: https://i.imgur.com/CbLnp6v.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Amaroth said:

Working on full Light*.dbc and Light Mapper tutorials. A little teaser from research test mods :P.:

This is amazing, especially since there was literally no research ever done in that area (as far as I know). Really looking forward to reading the tutorial!

It will be video series. Its not THAT hard system to understand. The real problem is that its very tedious to work with. Dedicated tool would be really neat.

It is clearly DBC work. But problem is that there is a big amount of calculations to be done and you need to enter colors in RGBx format as int number into DBC and crap like that. Doable, but not really pleasant. And those DBCs are a mess, multiple rows grouped together, but just by their IDs, not by any group ID field and so on... You will see when I finish and release it.

• Like 2

I made my first custom world map yesterday! :D 
The released photoshop template helped a lot, thanks for that.

Would love to get some feedback on it: P5fFgxK.jpg

The desert on the east coast will be one of the main end level areas. It is planned partly as a battleground and a open world pvp questing area. Plot behind this is that horde and alliance or fighting over the oil reserves that are in that area. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kaev said:

Would love to get some feedback on it

Try to make the coast regions more blended. Also do the same thing with separation regions, they are too sharp.

Edited by Balkron
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaev said:

Would love to get some feedback on it

Картинки по запросу world of warcraft map kalimdor

• make your regions separated like there (brown bold lines).
  • you don't need to color your regions the same "material" that this region contains (example: Desert - yellow). Make your overall color (yellow-green, as an example).
  • Like 2

Glad to see it, I wanted to do this, but I have just finished UI and then I kind of stopped working on it, my attention was already scattered between too many projects. What I wanted to do as well is set support - generating all 8 items based on textures and models contained in source directories, which is super-useful both when someone creates a new set or when sets are being retro-ported.

Also, reminders of what has user not edited yet and possibly should would be nice. And I also wanted to actually make dropdown selections for geosets, to prevent users from having to search for information about which geosets are used and out of which values are possible.

A lot of work, I know :D. Just consider implementing such things, possibly later. Or maybe, I'll finish my tool at some point. I just need to get to it.

NoName.png

You're UI is pretty well advanced. what i plan is simply registering data into XML dictionary then depending on the data it load everything. i splitted the dictionary in three : One with my previous retro-ported work and one based on listfile i made from local legion files. and one sql data extracted from WoWHead.

you can parse file name, or parse xml data or simply fill boxes manually. once done you can generate itemdisplayinfo, item.dbc and item_template.

my optic is to be able to do that with retail ID

Finished my great showoff of the first map I've ever done! Check out how awesome it was! Now really :D. I think some people don't know how terrible were beginnings of... probably everyone.

Now, jokes away, as we are nearly at 200 subs, I have decided to take some things a little bit more serious. Working on other videos promoting screens at the end of videos and on video icons. Suggestions and feedback are welcome!

WoW Theory 01.png

WoW Theory 02.png

WoW Theory 03.png

ChannelIntroduction.png

• Like 9

On 17.6.2017 at 11:26 PM, Amaroth said:

Finished my great showoff of the first map I've ever done! Check out how awesome it was! Now really :D. I think some people don't know how terrible were beginnings of... probably everyone.

Now, jokes away, as we are nearly at 200 subs, I have decided to take some things a little bit more serious. Working on other videos promoting screens at the end of videos and on video icons. Suggestions and feedback are welcome!

WoW Theory 01.png

WoW Theory 02.png

WoW Theory 03.png

ChannelIntroduction.png

Thank you for doing these videos, i already learned a lot! :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone and today I am showing you guys my latest work:

It's an garrison based build, and it's human styled.

Stage I:

WoWScrnShot_061917_183224.thumb.jpg.3905

Stage II:

WoWScrnShot_061917_183442.thumb.jpg.cd23

Stage III:

WoWScrnShot_061917_184802.thumb.jpg.1e24

I also have been experimenting with something blizzard is doing to make it look a fairly decent amount better. They use shading to make the ground "light" up, highliting areas, which eventually creates a very interesting look. (this makes it less dull)

Before:

WoWScrnShot_062017_095609.thumb.jpg.ef18

After:

WoWScrnShot_062017_100207.thumb.jpg.76b7

The highlighted areas, make it look like they use another lighter texture ontop, the funny thing is, Blizzard used to actually add another lighter texture to do that with some areas, but with the new shading tool they use this to make lighter patches of grass!

*Tip: Use shading and turn it to fully black to make black area around lava, this way you don't have to change the texture, as having 4 textures in total, is a pain to work with, but with shading that is over! For some areas*

• Like 2

Great use of vertex paint, and I'm glad I finally see someone using it.

Added your screenshots in comment below by vertex shader video as another example of usage.

4 minutes ago, Amaroth said:

Great use of vertex paint, and I'm glad I finally see someone using it.

Added your screenshots in comment below by vertex shader video as another example of usage.

I have to add that the vertex shading is almost not see-able in noggit, (not sure why) so if you are using it to make some grass areas lighter, please take it in consideration that it will be VERY light in-game, but not in noggit.

This way it's also hard to portray this in noggit, so yes, it's awesome to use! It has a downside