highlord

[WTS] C++ Blender - glTF to M2 model converter + Source Code | Working Animations !

Welcome to Blender - glTFtoM2 panel !

I would like to announce that my C++ project is finally complete. I'm not the happiest with the result, because I wanted to make a fully working animation feature, but a lot of problems came up and I needed to modify the offical blender gltf exporter to fix some of those problems for the anim part, the downloadable pack includes this addon. My algorithms are converting the animations correctly, however there are some cases when the blender exports wrong values which are not suitable for the M2, so animations are not stable ! Source code included in the download with secured archive file. I will release the password next month.

Features:

- textures
- multiple submeshes
- collisions
- attachments
- armature animations

Known Bugs:

180°+ rotation for animations is not working, so make sure that your rotation keyframes are not exceeding 180 degree, relative to the rest pose NOT to the last keyframe. Sometimes your joints while animation are interpolating to the wrong direction, thus sometimes you will need to change the bone's animation axis.

For tutorial and more details see my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NfSizizuzA

Download:

V2PeCi6.gif

Hi !

Seems like someone had the same approach as I did on m2 conversions. I've also had issues on rotations, it's probably the hardest part of the project.

Gratz on managing full armatures, I didn't go that far (too lazy, haha xD)... but someone could easily add that part and make the project full blown for the community :)

My project is here (Python, free, GPL) : https://bitbucket.org/Mjollna/gltf2m2

Writing converters is generally a wrong approach. A direct exporter  needs to be made, this way you are safe from rotation issues and similar stuff. I’ve no such issues so far with the direct export / import addon I am working on. 

7 minutes ago, Mjollna said:

Hi !

Seems like someone had the same approach as I did on m2 conversions. I've also had issues on rotations, it's probably the hardest part of the project.

Gratz on managing full armatures, I didn't go that far (too lazy, haha xD)... but someone could easily add that part and make the project full blown for the community :)

My project is here (Python, free, GPL) : https://bitbucket.org/Mjollna/gltf2m2

Hey! Noticed that you have some ADTConveter tree in your repository. Interesting what is it?

Hi !

The Java ADTConverter is an old program that converts LK ADTs to Cataclysm ones. It was very useful during Cataclysm times, but I think it's pretty outdated now.

And Gillijim Project is an alpha (2003 one) > LK ADT converter.

2 hours ago, Mjollna said:

Hi !

The Java ADTConverter is an old program that converts LK ADTs to Cataclysm ones. It was very useful during Cataclysm times, but I think it's pretty outdated now.

And Gillijim Project is an alpha (2003 one) > LK ADT converter.

Ah =( Was looking for years for ADT converter vanilla>wotlk and back.