Battlecraft: Is going to be a fully customized experience that will use PvPvE elements. Environment, items and more will be fully custom. The plan was to use Wintergrasp as a custom zone for PvPvE content up to level 20 and then progress to another zone. After a few failed attempts to customize Wintergrasp I'm now in the process of recreating the layout of Wintergrasp in a new custom zone made from scratch. This way the zone will most likely be error free and opens up a lot of possibilities with customizing the environment.
- Area in which you can PvP & PvE.
- Max level 45
- Low stat gear, possibly lower stat than Blizzlike (not sure yet)
- Item upgrade system (6 upgrade stages)
- 1 mob can drop 200+ different items depending on the mobs level - For example - [Mighty Shoulderpads] can have 6 str & 4 stam with 8 CRIT while the next drop of [Mighty Shoulderpads] can have 4 stam & 6 str with 15AP
- Each level of mobs will have a rare boss, this will not be soloable from the start. You will require a group to clear those bosses.
- Party group will be awarded extra XP while in groups.
- Mobs will be quite easy the first 5 levels. However, HP and damage will increase heavily after you hit 5+. You can still solo the mobs but it will take some time, a group will be able to take these down much faster.
And much much more to come..
- Valeguard will be the first zone you spawn in. Both factions have their own "mall". In the mall you will be able to get quests, upgrade gear or socialize before you head out to slay your foes.
- Valeguard will be very similar to Wintergrasps map layout, just without the Wintergrasp PvP functions.
- In Valeguard you will be able to hit level 20.
- Valeguard will be the first zone released. Once the playbase has reached the end of Valeguard and completed the final dungeon it will unlock a teleport to the second zone. This teleport will only be available in the mall for the faction that has reached the end of Valeguard.
And much much more to come..
The project will be updated on the fly once new progress has been done to the map. If you think this project seems interesting, you are most welcome to apply for a developer position in our Discord
The server is up and running on a VPS server during development and will be paid by me. I do not plan to pay for any development help for the time being.
Current state of Valeguard: (Under heavy development + the newly created swamp in the background)
Discord is updated more frequently.
This area is the most complete area in Horde Starting Zone, roads a bit more organic, more plants and more natural terrain with hills, roots & flowers. I haven't yet found a good texture for the roads as you can see in the screenshot the road is different now than before. I would love to find the road texture used in the retail zone "Elunaria". It looks like this: Anyway, I'm happy with how it looks right now, I just need more detailing and I need to update groundeffecttexture for the doodads to be placed correctly. But I'll do that at a later time. Here's how it looks right now:
So I wanted to make a crater in the middle of the map as a "world boss" zone with a few quests. Started out with a simple circle mountain and slowly adding more and more detail to the crater. This is how it looks like at the moment: Forgot to increase view distance here.. Next day some detailing and adding more mountain heights.. Current state look like this, I really enjoy working with lava! More height will be added later, for now a lot more lava is planned and to find some awesome objects that fits the environment. Any suggestions? What do you think of it?
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it! The edges of the roads are a bit "too clean" right now due to the groundeffectdoodads behaving strangely. I'll definitely make it more organic on further updates.
Thought I'd share an early layout of the Swamp. Groupeffectdoodads are increased a lot just to see how it looks during development. I like the look already! The idea is to be able to walk/run through the water, as the water is going to be at foot height. Many swampy creatures from lvl 10 to 18 will be here (here's where the first challenging mobs/bosses will be).
Originally started out with a much greener texture but changed to a darker grass texture. Still not sure if I want to use the current stone path texture so that might change, what do you think? I love to hear feedback both negative and positive so reply if there's anything you would like to point out *Please note that everything you see here is in early development and might change a lot* There are a few things I'd like to add but not 100% sure yet: - Watchtowers (tauren style) - Horde machines broken - Training "pit" for training Any suggestions? Sneakpeak of the swamp in the distance