- Second administrator. This position requires some work on restructuring the board, managing permissions, writing FAQs and descriptions for various parts of the site. The requirements for this one are quite demanding as you will get a high-level access to website management such as ACP, nevertheless, this work is not exactly hard to do. In order to accept you for that position, I need to know you personally as a member of the community and trust you. The other requirement is good written English skills. IPS experience is also a huge plus, however, not mandatory.
- Web developer. There are still a few bugs on the board that need to be fixed. So, if you are aware of IPS and web development, feel free to poke me.
- Moderator. Our two moderators Axel and Hyakkimaru are not currently doing WoW modding, so we need new people for this position. Your duty will be to clean abusive content such as trolling or spam when you spot it. The requirement is good written English skills.
- 6 replies
- 2,523 views
- Add Reply
- Steff | Fix: If you selected an model, copied to clipboard, deleted source (it it is last model on map of this type) and pasted it then. Noggit crashed.
- Steff | Calculate camera height related to terrain height on map load.
- Steff | Fix that texture swapper stayed visible if you changed the tool
- Steff | Add new option to toggle model animation rendering. F11 and Menu option in View menu added for this. For easyer model selection like birds.
- schlumpf | various memory leaks or potential crashes
- Valium | Initial support for drawing tablets on Windows. Crashes if you don't have a tablet installed.
- Valium | Implemented Blizzard style wireframe.
- schlumpf | mapchunk: save: fix: only set low_quality_texture_map bits once to avoid error in overwriting (missing clean) (the 4 layer bug)
- Adspartan | Fix to prevent texture duplication on a chunk (swapping duplicated textures remove the duplicate).
- Adspartan | Fix random hole bug when using the hole tool by checking is the cursor is not underground when adding a hole.
- Adspartan | Set tile as changed when using "swap adt".
- Adspartan | prevent m2/wmo selection when using a tool
- Adspartan | Fix texture shift ingame
- Adspartan | Alphamap loading / saving changes
- Adspartan | Prevent crash when loading or drawing wmo. (for retroported WMOs)
- Adspartan | Fix texture shift between noggit and wow client
- Adspartan | Fix alphamap loading for uncompressed (2048)
- Adspartan | Paste object at the cursor pos if nothing is selected
- Adspartan | Vertex shading is now correctly implemented.
- Kaev | This should hopefully fix all model bugs when you save your files
- 53 replies
- 12,557 views
- Add Reply
- .db2 editor (cata-legion) (requested by Skarn)
- CASC editor (requested by Skarn)
- M2 plugin for 3D Software (e.g. Blender) supporting animations (in developement by Koward) (requested by Skarn)
- Zone light editor (requested by Skarn)
- Continent creator (requested by Skarn)
- Visual DBC editor (e.g. placing POI on map, talent trees and so on) (requested by Skarn)
- Visual editor for editing login screen and character creation (requested by Poisonleaf)
- DBC to SQL and SQL to DBC tool (requested by sshroud)
- Spell editor (cata) (requested by Смердокрыл)
- WMO editor (requested by Смердокрыл)
- All-in-one-texture tool for armors (requested by Alastor Strix'Efuartus)
- Advanced MySQL editor (requested by Amaroth)
- ADT, M2 & WMO Legion to WoD (requested by MrXJKz)
- WBD5 format (DB2) (from Legion or WoD) to CSV (with structures) (requested by MrXJKz)
- Automatic downgrade Itemdisplayinfo, TextureFileData, Filedata from Legion to WoD and WotLk (requested by MrXJKz)
- Texture searcher for M2, WMO, etc. (requested by MrXJKz)
- HoTS and Overwatch Blender Add-on (requested by MrXJKz)
- .phys enabler from Legion to WoD (requested by MrXJKz)
- Visual Database Editor like Truice (requested by Amaroth)
- 87 replies
- 14,298 views
- Add Reply
Greetings, dear Model Changing Network users! It has been about two years since MCNet community is around. Through this time the website has grown into a pretty good place for WoW modders to stay. However, there is still a huge room for improvement. At the moment, I cannot really invest much time into maintaining the community and developing it further, neither do the rest of the people in the team. That is why I have to request the help from the community.
I am looking for responsible people to help me out on various tasks concerning managing this board. I will list down the "positions" and requirements for them.
All the work is, sadly, volunteer. If you want to help the community in any other way, please let me know through PM.
The most important change is probably a fix of the well known model bug as well as the removal of the requirement to fill all four layers.
But here's a approximate changelog:
You can download Noggit SDL in the Release section:
yesterday Skarn told me about the little conversation that some of you had about paying developers and stuff like that.
In my opinion it isn't like that we (read as: developers) aren't motivated because we want to get money for our stuff.
Many people actually want to create useful tools for the modding and/or emulation scene, but just don't have good ideas or the needed experience for projects they could do.
But that's a point where you could bring your ideas in!
Tell us which software would make your life much easier.
It doesn't matter if you would like to see a launcher, a renaming tool, a tool which will automate a process or a CASC editor. Just tell us what you need.
I'll list every requested software in this post. Let's hope that some developer out there can fulfill your wish.
Edit: I'm not as active as i'm used to be, that's why probably some ideas are missing and/or not linked.
(I obviously don't list something like "a good, working map editor", because that's something that everyone wants to have.. )